Is Under Productivity Costing Your Company Money?

Adriana Girdler

Put money back in your pocket by being Lean Every day we have stuff we need to get done. Some days our to-do list reads …

Put money back in your pocket by being Lean

Under productive costing your companyEvery day we have stuff we need to get done. Some days our to-do list reads like a laundry list. The more we get done it seems like the more we have to do. To combat this we try to be more efficient and productive by multitasking. This is a big mistake. Multitasking doesn’t work. We hear it over and over and the stats don’t lie. In fact, it’s only a small percentage (2%) that can actually do it. The rest of us 98% can’t and when we do, we actually are lessening our productivity without even realizing it. This is costing us increased stress as individuals and translates to profit loss for companies. So what do you do? Time to think differently in order to truly be productive.

As an efficiency expert, I’m constantly being asked to improve people, departments and organizations ways of working. I have many approaches I can use at my finger-tips like Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, Total Quality Management, to name but a few, but my go to is Lean. I find this approach simple, yet so effective. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you do. Anyone can use this method and be successful.

What is Lean?

To sum it up, Lean is a systematic method for eliminating waste within a process by doing more with less. There is more to it than just that one sentence. To learn more, check out my article Lean Mean Thinking Machine.

Why you need Lean?

It’s simple in approach and everyone can do it. The tools and techniques address the low hanging fruit of productivity improvements and results can be quick. All of this leads to successful sustainment. If you can master Lean, then you can master anything. So if you have to improve your productivity or improve productivity  habits at work don’t look any further and embrace Lean as your method of improvement. It truly works!

What is your Lean success story? I want to hear it.  Thanks for reading don’t forget to share/tweet/like our blog just underneath this paragraph. And don’t forget, we’re always here to help with your business efficiency needs.

Thanks For Sharing!

Photo of author

Adriana Girdler is a project manager, productivity specialist, entrepreneur, professional speaker, facilitator, visioning wizard, and author. As President of CornerStone Dynamics, Adriana is one of Canada’s prominent business productivity and project management specialists—helping both individuals and businesses do what they do, only better. She is a certified master black belt lean six sigma with over 20 years’ experience improving how companies work.

She also holds both PMP (project management professional) and CET (certified engineering technologist) designations. She’s a Tedx speaker, as well as a HuffPost and Thrive Global contributor. She has been interviewed on Global, CBC, CTV, CHCH, 680News Radio, Newstalk 1010, Sirius XM and published in the Globe and Mail and numerous industry magazines. WANT ADRIANA'S FREE ONLINE TRAINING? In 45 min, learn Adriana's 5 project management secrets she use on EVERY project. Sign up for the Free Webinar here: THE FAB FIVE FUNDAMENTALS OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT

SLAY Project Management

Online Course

5 Sections and 24 step-by-step HOW TO Videos! The only 5-hour on-line course that teaches you the PRACTICAL side of project management. This course will guide you step-by-step on HOW to successfully run a project and provides you with all the templates and tips you need to be successful.

Fab 5 Fundamentals

Free Training

Are you striving for successful projects, but get overwhelmed figuring out what elements of project management to focus on for the best results? In the Fab Five Fundamentals of Project Management, you’ll learn the five things you need to do on EVERY project to bring it to success.

Why Projects Fail?

Free Download

If you're new to projects or need a refresher, here's a guide of all the things I learned during my journey. Project success is about knowing how to navigate and stay clear of roadblocks, issues and problems. Understand the top 10 reasons why projects fail and how to avoid them.

Interested In Working Together?

We are business productivity experts. Contact us to learn how we can help your business become more efficient and increase profitability.

Join Our Newsletter

Join over 50,000 subscribers. Get the latest and the best in project management information delivered straight to your inbox.

Follow Us