The most calming mindfulness quotes for your life
I love inspirational quotes. They capture little moments of clarity that highlight truths. Here are 10 mindfulness quotes to inspire you. So, what exactly is mindfulness? Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, professor emeritus of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, has the most widely-used definitions of mindfulness “paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally.”Mindfulness is paying purposeful attention to the present moment.
I hope whatever is happening in your life these quotes inspire you to be fully present and engaged in whatever you are doing.
- Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. ~ Oprah
- Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more. ~ Mother Teresa
- If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul. ~ Rabbi Harold Kushner
- Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be. ~ Sonia Ricotti
- I’m doing my best to be mindful about how I’m living: to be kind and patient, and not to impose a bad mood on somebody else. Being mindful is as good a way to be spiritual as anything else. ~ Deirdre O’Kane
- Few of us ever live in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone. ~ Louis L’Amour
- ‘What day is it?’ asked Pooh. ‘It’s today,’ squeaked Piglet. ‘My favorite day,’ said Pooh. ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
- Tell me to what you pay attention and I will tell you who you are. – Jose Ortega Y Gasset, Spanish Philosopher
- I was a bit disappointed to discover that meditation wasn’t as exotic as I’d expected… Feel my breath!?… But I soon found out just how life-changing it would be simply to focus my attention on inhaling and exhaling in order to connect fully with my experience in a whole new way, one that allowed me to be kinder to myself and more open to others. ~ Sharon Salzberg
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.~ Buddha
What’s your favourite mindfulness quote? Thanks for reading don’t forget to share/tweet/like our blog just underneath this paragraph. And don’t forget, we’re always here to help with your business productivity needs.